Nittany Knits

Saturday, October 07, 2006


Yet another week has gone by, and still no socks to knit for SockWars. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since I finished the pair I sent out to my target. I didn't realize so much investigating and so little knitting would be required in this War! Secret Pal 9 is starting soon, so I'll have that to occupy me between Socks of Doom.

I am now using my ex's laptop until Tuesday to keep you up to date and informed about the Knit-A-Thon. I know most people do not communicate with their ex husbands and father of their children, yet I have to give huge props to mine for a second. He has done a ton of promoting for the Knit-A-Thon, and has even provided one of the great door prizes being given to people who bring in their handknit items for charity that day. Now I get use of the laptop to keep blogging my heart out. Lets not forget the fact that he has rearranged his schedule to keep the kids out of my hair during the event. A big gold star goes on his forehead for all the work he's doing behind the scenes for the Knit-A-Thon.

I finished my Noro Transitions multidirectional scarf for the SOS project last night. Now the question is, do you think the red scarf project might love some great handknit red socks to go with their red scarves? I've got a pair I need to finish and get off the needles, and if I was in college- I would want them. Inquiring minds want to know.

By the way, while I was at the library earlier I checked out the "Knit 2 Together" book by Tracy Ullman and Mel Clark. I am soooo loving this book!!! There are just so many projects I NEED to knit and so little time. Pretty soon, that job thing is just going to have to go!

Only one more week until I see you all at the Lakeside Cafe! If you want to join us for a warm-up, come on down Thursday night from 6-8. See you then.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home