Nittany Knits

Sunday, October 08, 2006

I joined my first secret pal group and I am supposed to answer a set of questions before next Sunday. Yes, after doing nothing but telling my children how horrible it is to make friends with stangers on the internet- I go ahead and do just that! What is the line about do as I say- not as I do? Anyway, I apologize to those looking for the Knit-a-Thon info. Tomorrow we are back to all Knit-A-Thon all the time until Saturday Oct. 14th. Until then... on with the questionaire




1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Alpaca and anything soft find their way home with me. Not alot of novelty yarns come my way.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Dpns and crochet hooks in a pouch, Straights and circs in a case
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I taught myself to knit 2 1/2 years ago out of a kids knitting book from the library. I would say Intermediate and climbing
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I'm looking to get one on knitpicks
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I love the smell of coffee even though I don't drink it. Cinnamon, citrus, lavender, and almond.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yep, dark chocolate, toffee, heck- just about anything in my kids Halloween candy bags.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do not spin, yet. I do other crafts, but they are hobbies. Knitting is an obsession
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Love all kinds. I can do the mp3 thing, but haven't yet. Learning more computer stuff takes time from knitting. I'll get around to it- someday.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I seem to be drawn to green, but all colors are welcome!
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am a single mom of ten year old twins (Boy and Girl) who will be 11 in January. No pets yet, but I've been checking out the cats at the shelter recently.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
All but ponchos. Except that one I made back when the craze was "In". I still bring that out every now and again.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
As long as I'm knitting, it's my favorite item. I would knit grass with branches if I had to. I have been known to teach people how to knit at resturants with straws and ribbon from balloons. My children are often frightened.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Sock of doom, wrist warmers for the girl child, stuff for the Knit-A-Thon. Then when I get that cleared out- I'm starting a sweater (I think)
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
But of course, darling!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circulars. Love my Denise. Also use dpns.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, still lusting after them. Also the meter reader that tells you how much yarn you actually have of that great handspun, before you start the project that requires more than you have.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
That would be a scarf I started making for my mother out of the Steeler colors during last year's playoff games. After we won the superbowl, I was drained and needed a break. Now we can't win, and it's depressing to look at.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Everyday is a holiday in our house, but I must admit- my birthday holds a special place amongst the rest of the special days.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
I love sheep stuff. I collect all sorts of yarn that I never intend on knitting, because it is just that perfect. I collect dust, because housecleaning cuts into knitting time.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have subscriptions to Interweave Knits, Vogue Knitting, and Knit Simple. Would love more. I have no addi turbos yet and am not sure how I have survived to this date. Any handspun yarn is coveted since I do not spin yet.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I have not done lace yet, and also want to start dyeing my own wool
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, yes, and yes. US size 9
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
December 30

Bye the bye, I'm in a condo and United States Postal Service is the best way to deliver anything to me. UPS is not my friend. They withhold yarn from me. Thanks so much!!!!!!


1 Comments:

  • You will have a fun time with SP9, it is my 3rd time and I'm so looking forward to it. Just surf'n blogs and came across yours. Have fun with SP. Happy knitting

    By Blogger Pennie, at 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home