Nittany Knits

Monday, October 23, 2006


Finally, A picture from the Knit-A-Thon. Check out ALL THOSE KNITTERS! More Pictures and updates to follow.

I did want to update you all on my newest charity project. During the sit-n-knit before the Knit-A-Thon, I rescued a sock project from a fellow knitter who had had just about enough of said sock. She was tired of the yarn, the fact that the sock was for her husband's size 11 feet, and the whole sock knitting in general! With this in mind, I decided to take charity knitting to a new level. Lets look at our fellow knitters projects, and do a project swap when it looks like the project is heading toward the UFO pile. This way, we save the project from it's unfinished fate, we save our fellow knitter from cussing at the project, and we give ourselves something new to knit without purchasing the yarn for it! Speaking of yarn, I have to agree with the owner of the project, the yarn is icky. But I was in need of mindless knitting, and boy did I get it!

2 Comments:

  • This wouldn't be Alice's sock would it :)

    I'm sooooooooo glad you're home!!

    By Blogger Jody, at 2:00 PM  

  • And BTW, its a size 13 foot! Even bigger!! Bad sock ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home