Nittany Knits

Saturday, November 11, 2006

There is a squirrel in my neighborhood who is stalking me, and I think he can smell all of the natural fibers I have in my house.

It started this summer when the windows were always open ( I'm not a fan of the AC) and the darn thing would be hanging from a tree and sniffing in our direction. This act would have gone unnoticed if it weren't for the crazed look our friend had on his face. I've seen that look before. I've had that look before. The look that shows how much you are coveting the yarn you have just spotted . Only this little rascal had smelled it!!!!!!

Well, just as we knitters can get a bit over the edge when yarn is being withheld from us, our newly crazed friend went quickly over the deep end, stalking the place day and night. He even went so far as to sit in the lawn chair I had been knitting in just the night before.

As the weather turned colder and the windows started to be closed on a regular basis, I thought he might be able to control himself. Not so much. We have caught him peeking in through the blinds at us, as well as taking out his frustration on my garden bed.

Indian Summer has arrived to Maryland this weekend, and I am going to attempt to sit outside and knit this afternoon. Here's hoping I do not get attack by the psycho yarn obsessed squirrel while I'm at it!

Happy Knitting...

3 Comments:

  • I'm telling you - if you start leaving out the scraps, he'll NEVER go away!!!

    By Blogger Large Marge, at 10:55 PM  

  • Hope you guys had a good time Sat. night. I got stuck and couldn't make it out.

    By Blogger Giantsknitter, at 10:27 AM  

  • Sounds just like the Yarn Harlot!!

    Remember never to leave yarn outside!!

    By Blogger Jody, at 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home