Nittany Knits

Saturday, December 09, 2006

16 days until Christmas and counting. My children are not helping my knitting time due to the fact that they both have book reports due. My daughter can focus at times on the task at hand, but the boy child.... let's just say it's slow going. I seem to be needed for a different crisis EVERY three seconds. "Mom, I wrote another sentence!" "Mom, I can't find a working brown marker for my report cover!" "Mom, Mom, Mom!" Augh!!!!!!! I don't recall my mother having to answer all of these questions, however perhaps that's just selective memory in action.

By the way, who gives 10 year olds book reports 16 days before Christmas???? They have the attention span of knats!!!!!!!

Since I've only been left alone long enough to knit exactly one row today, I think I'll have yet another cup of tea. They seem to give me time enough for a sip here and there.

2 Comments:

  • Dude - cut back on the tea!(unless of course it's the only thing keeping the kids alive.)

    By Blogger Large Marge, at 7:57 PM  

  • Darling, our mothers didn't do it! At least mine, both TEACHERS didn't...nor did I! The kid either does what she/he has to do or doesn't. It's NOT your problem! Knit on and don't hover! Remember, it's his book report not yours - you already got out of middle school! And, as for the "closeness" to the break - tough shit! Life goes on!! They'll get it eventually! Love you! R

    By Blogger Giantsknitter, at 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home