Nittany Knits

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Ok, ok- the kids were sooooo cute and I didn't knit a stitch at the concert. I stand corrected!

I have found a happy place that has nothing to do with yarn. After tonight's concert, I went over to the Mall (something I NEVER do) and found a tea shop called Teavanna. I am now sipping on a cup of Rooibos Toffee Tea (improves digestion, good for skin and allergies, high in vitamins, more antioxidants than green tea) and am thinking of the Rooibos Caramel Creme I will be having after this. And if I can take any more excitement, I will start tomorrow off with the Rooibos Orange! Squeeze me!

I have my secret pal to thank for all of this. In my holiday package, I got some Prickly Pear Tea which I thought was loose leaf tea. I did not have a tea ball, so out I went to get one so that I could enjoy my tea. Of course the tea was, in fact, in a bag. This left me craving loose leaf tea. The mission was on. Where o where could I find something to put in my tea ball? Large Marge suggested just ripping the tea bag open and putting the tea in the ball that way. I refused, stating that it would be cheating. The Prickly Pear Tea was good in a bag and did not need to be stripped to prove a point. And then came Teavana!

I can't remember the last time I felt this way about a non-yarn retail space. I am at peace. I must knit!

Happy Knitting...

1 Comments:

  • One of my favorite places to get loose leaf tea online (and cheap!) is adagio.com. If you want a $5 gift certificate to try a sample or two, let me know, I'll send one to your e-mail. Their stuff is fantastic, and their shipping is very fast- usually next day or two.

    By Blogger Shelby, at 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home