Nittany Knits

Thursday, November 23, 2006


Happy Thanksgiving! I am so thankful that all of my cooking yesterday gives me time to sit and knit and watch rainy parades and football today. I will say that tasting everything I was cooking yesterday has made my jeans tighter to put on today. I used to think that knitting was a bad hobby for my figure since I was sitting more often. Knitting is so much better than cooking! When I finish a row of knitting I don't have to taste it to make sure it's right. Even when I am using food to count my rows while knitting, I at least have healthy snacks like raisins or peanuts. Yesterday was straight sugar. We made a gingerbread house, a layered pumpkin dessert, oatmeal butterscotch cookies, and ended the day with chocolate covered pretzels. My downfall was the cream cheese filling layer of the pumpkin dessert. Yummmmmm.

My Lucy bag keeps growing and growing. Many who see it ask if I am knitting a sweater. One of these days I will finish the 64 inch strap I am knitting , so that I can start the other strap (which is only 24 inches). Just for the record, the 64 inch strap is only 5 inches shorter than me. Why do I manage to miss this part of the directions before I start my projects? The pattern clearly states that the bag is 24 inches before felting. Silly me didn't realize this measurement was not including the massive straps to said bag. The pattern is very deceptive to the actual 64 inches that you are knitting. It tells you to knit 24 inches, and then the next direction is to repeat for another 40 inches. They never come out and say, "Knit 64 inches. " I bet the gals who wrote this pattern could trick Veruca Salt into missionary work. They are clever!

Have a safe and blessed holiday! Happy Knitting....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home