Nittany Knits

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Black Squirrels Exist!

After dropping the kids off at school this morning, I decided to stop by the Lakeside Cafe for some tea and to work on my Jaywalker. Upon entering the parking lot, I spotted something black resembling a squirrel. Thinking that I needed to check my sight, I got closer to make sure I was seeing things correctly. Sure enough- that black thing could only be a squirrel. Mrs. Mike made fun of me when I mentioned the strange creature, so I started to doubt my sanity. I returned home later on and jumped on the Web to verify that such a critter existed. I no longer need to question my vision or sanity. I have proof!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_squirrel

Having solved that mystery, I can get back to my knitting.

3 Comments:

  • I actually saw a black squirrel at Penn state once. Cute little guy!

    By Blogger Jody, at 1:05 PM  

  • I see black squirrels all the time! They're supposedly indigenous to this area, but I guess they may be spreading. I'm a big fan of squirrels and have been trying to lure them to my window with food.

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 5:52 PM  

  • I have never seen a black squirrel then again I don't think I have paid attention. Now going to keep an eye out on those lil creatures

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home