Nittany Knits

Friday, January 19, 2007

Knitting saves the day! Just when I thought that I was too wiped out to be rescued, I got to knit with both the Central Maryland Knitting Guild and the K1P2 Sit 'N Knit this week. I dusted off those Jaywalkers and got back to knitting! Lots of other Jaywalkers, both on the needles and off, were in attendance as well. It's amazing to get to see how one pattern can be so dramatically different depending on the yarn that is chosen for the project!

I'm just now getting around to checking all of the cyber space knitting news for the week. I would love to direct your attention to http://projectcompassion.blogspot.com/. Mama E had sent out an e-mail asking for 8x8 inch squares of washable wool to be assembled into blankets to surround a mother and her daughter in compassion. They were in a car crash that killed the father brother and sister of the family, while they were all in the car. Please check out this website and say some prayers for this family. These squares knit up fast, and will mean so much!

Don't forget about the year anniversary of the K1P2 knitting group this coming Thursday night at the Lakeside Cafe. Come on in, even if you've never knit with us before. We would love to have you!

Happy Knitting!

3 Comments:

  • Hey there. It was nice seeing you, briefly, last night. I guess I might bend to pressure and knit socks from my SP yarn. I think they'd be pretty....just when I had decided to pack all my sock yarn and patterns away.....

    By Blogger Giantsknitter, at 10:18 AM  

  • Stopping by to say Loved your gifts!! What a great idea with the yarn...too funny. You have made Sp9 awesome Thank you!

    Hey we don't live to far from each other we should meet and knit some:)

    Take Care and Thanks!
    Shannon

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:43 PM  

  • Hope 2 nights of knitting loosened up that tension ;-) It was nice seeing you. I'll try for the anniversary evening.

    By Blogger brsmaryland, at 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home