Nittany Knits

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Knitting Marathon lasted 11.5 hours and, true to form, more laughing than knitting was done.

The Lakeside Cafe was quick to tell us that Miss Christine, Miss Sheila and myself were 36 hours early for our regular sit 'n knit, not that they were counting or anything. Four hours and 24 rows of my sock later, I determined that 1 row of knitting was taking me 10 minutes to knit. I have reached a new low in productivity!

Off we went to our second location, which was a regular weekly knitting circle at an area retirement community. What an amazing two hours! These women have such rich histories and vibrant personalities. Once again, more laughing than knitting was done. This group is so refreshing. I can hardly wait until the next time I can scoot out of work on a Wednesday!

After the knitting circle we stopped in for afternoon tea with Miss Sheila's charming father-in-law. What a treat.

Miss Christine, not able to hang with the big dogs, left us when we headed back to the Lakeside. This is where I tried to accidentally tried to kill Miss Sheila by having her try my beverage. Turns out Miss Sheila has a nut allergy, and Mr. Ben had made me a beverage containing amaretto syrup. Oops! Turns out that Miss Sheila is not only fine to keep knitting, but she didn't even get a little itch on her well manicured feet. Hurray! Killing Miss Sheila would have put a damper on the rest of the day!

The last sit 'n knit I crashed for the night was at an local yarn store. It was my first time there, yet I saw lots of familiar faces. Surprisingly, only one skein of sock yarn jumped into my bag to come home to meet the others.

If only every day could be about knitting...and food... and yarn (sigh!).

Happy Knitting!

4 Comments:

  • Your knitting marathon sounded like so much fun!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:11 AM  

  • I am glad to say nut allergy did not kick in after the sip of Nittany's beverage. I was able to continue through the end of the knit-a-thon with flying colors...even went another 2 hours when I got home...when you knit with the big dogs you gotta keep going! Looking forward to tonight's sit and knit at Lakeside.

    Miss Sheila

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:39 AM  

  • Sounds like a great day! Maybe one day I'll be able to join you marathoners. And I'm so glad Miss Sheila survived the 'sip o'nut.'

    By Blogger brsmaryland, at 2:34 PM  

  • Rats! I wish I had read your blog one da sooner and I ould have stopped in a place or two during the day. I'm glad you had fun and I'll have to be more on the ball for next time.

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home