Nittany Knits

Saturday, March 17, 2007


Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all! My mother, who is as Irish as it gets, had a great blessing that hung in our house when I was growing up. "May you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead."

After my first good night sleep since the time change, I feel like a brand new woman! I seem to have no problem with the time change when we "Fall Back". Who couldn't use an extra hour of knitting? It's the whole "Spring Forward" that throws me off. Not only do we lose an hour of knitting, but we wake up in the dark after not being able to fall asleep because our bodies have not caught up with the congressional decision to mess with our internal clocks.

I have finally slept, so my knitting has finally gotten back on track. My sleeveless shirt has already been kicked to the corner after only 5 inches have been knit. I'll get to it when it warms up again. In the meantime, I have cast on a thick wool sweater designed by Miss Sheila. I purchased the yarn for it two years ago at Sheep and Wool. If I knit like crazy, it will clear out room in the cedar chest for more wool purchased exactly 6 weeks from today at this year's festival.

Yes, you read it right. Only 6 weeks!!!!!! I feel like a kid counting down the days until Christmas. You know how the kids have advent countdown calendars and get a chocolate treat every day leading up to Christmas? There should be a knitter's countdown calendar to The Maryland Sheep And Wool Festival! That way knitter's could get little chocolate sheep to bite the heads off in anticipation of the big day!

Happy Knitting!

1 Comments:

  • hah. i'd love a wool and sheep advent calendar. i bet we could sell them... :)

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home