Nittany Knits

Monday, January 29, 2007

Lots of knitting books are on my night stand right now.

Last night I finished "Knitting Under The Influence" by Claire LaZebnik. I might have enjoyed this book more if I was in my early 20's. However, I am in my late 30's. I know the old saying about not judging a book by it's cover. Yet, how could you not. It's an adorable cover! Because of the cover, I was excited to settle in for a good read. I enjoy mindless chicklit every now and again, but this was missing something. Thanks anyway to Large Marge for lending it to me.

Next up is "Knit Lit (too)". I've been looking forward to reading this collection of short stories since last year, but haven't gotten around to it. The first "Knit Lit" book has my favorite knitting story of all time about the woman who decided to make a sweater out of dog hair. This story was laugh out loud funny. Already I have read a short story by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee that had me laughing nearly as hard as the dog hair story. This story describes why knitting with white yarn while ice skating can be disastrous.

Last, but not least, Large Marge has gotten me a library copy of "The Knitting Circle" by Ann Hood. This is the book everyone is buzzing about Julia Roberts making a movie out of. I haven't started it yet, but I'm looking forward to diving in tonight.

All of this reading has me only 1/4 of the way finished with my second Jaywalker. I'm so easily distracted.

Happy Knitting (and reading)!






2 Comments:

  • I have the book Knitting under the Influence. It's on my list to read this year. Thought the cover was cute as well. My next knitting book to read is The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kathleen Jacobs, Kate Jacobs. I am thinking I might read that one first :)


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:53 AM  

  • I read "Knitting: A Novel" by Anne Bartlett a few months ago. It was pretty good. I'll try to remember to bring it to S&K...note the phrase "TRY TO REMEMBER"! The knitter in this book could read and knit (lace) at the same time. If only!!

    Reading rules!!

    By Blogger Giantsknitter, at 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home