Nittany Knits

Wednesday, September 26, 2007


Happy 200th Post!!!!
Thanks to all who participated in the last year.
Now, on to the prizes!!!!
Knit Glit won herself something AMAZING for knowing when my first blog was. Hold on to your socks girlie, girl- You are now the proud owner of ...
SOCKS THAT ROCK 2007 CLUB ONLY YARN!!!!!!! That's right. Silkie colorway 'Walking on the Wild Tide' is all yours! Whhooo, hooo.
Next up...
Shelby Knits won herself some yarn for knowing when the first annual Knit-A-Thon took place. Miss Shelby will be receiving one of the great skeins of sock yarn Opal put out that was self patterning animal prints. Yummy!
Last (and never least), Miss Beth won herself the name thrown in a hat on a scrap of paper prize, a Skein of Berrocco Bulky Softwist in color 7420 (otherwise known as purple). Yeah!
Congrats to all who won FABULOUS prizes just for hanging out and chatting about knitting.
Speaking of chatting about knitting, I am officially entered into this year's SOCK WARS! Everyone who has not yet entered only has until Oct. 1st to sign up. The War begins Oct. 13th. Hope to see some familiar warriors. Anyone who is wary of the idea of competitive knitting should know that I received my one and only hand knit item from another knitter by participating last year. How funny that we knit for everyone else but other knitters, the ones who will truly appreciate our craft.
About knitting for others... I hope your charity knitting is coming along as quickly as mine is. I started and finished a crocheted (yes, I said that word) pet blanket for the animal shelter. Now on to a cute baby hat. Only 10 days left until the Knit-A-Thon!
Thanks again for your support of this blog. I can't wait to see where the next year takes us!
Happy Knitting!

3 Comments:

  • Knowing me and my obsessions, I'm sure you realize that I can not even begin to tell you how AWESOME my prize is. Yay, STR!!

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 8:29 PM  

  • Hooray! Purple yarn...it was destined to be mine :-) Many thanks. I'm looking forward to another year of Nittany Knits fun and info.

    By Blogger brsmaryland, at 8:33 PM  

  • Yay!! I love opal!! Thanks for the fun contest!

    Good luck in Sock Wars! I'm passing this year, but will definitely be watching the fun.

    By Blogger Shelby, at 9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home