Nittany Knits

Thursday, September 13, 2007

The New Knitty is Here! The New Knitty is Here!

Like I almost have time for this. Between the Knit-A-Thon and knitting for others that needs to get done, I have no business lusting after the 'Totally Autumn' blanket (that simply must be made with the Briar Rose Fibers yarn Abundance that goes for $55 a skein-it is 850 yards). I also should not feel the instantaneous need to cast on 'Foliage' just because I have the yarn. And don't even get me started with 'Cherie Amour' (in a solid color). I have no time for this! Perhaps I need an emergency day off work. Or two. A month would work! Paid of course, so that I can afford my yarn. Not to mention food and beverages at Mr. Mike's. Oh the life of a dreamer.

Back to Knit-A-Thon news.

Tons more door prizes are being reported across the great land of knitting, but I will hold off announcing them until I actually physically have the items. All but one group of items that is. Miss Storm Moon Knits is going to be giving us some of the very first yarn she will be selling for her new business, as well as some of her fun stitch markers. Those of you unfamiliar with Storm Moon, please check out her blog. She is an amazing designer and has a flair for the funky and fun. The link takes you to my favorite 'Dark Mark Illusion Scarf'. I will not trust myself with these goodies, and have put Large Marge in charge of holding on to them so that they actually make it to the event and don't get caught up meeting the rest of my stash. By the way, she will be selling her wares at Sttiches East this year so that all of us can grab up the great stuff she has to offer. This will also help the winner of these items actually make it home without getting attacked. I have goose bumps I'm so excited!

More news after I finish printing off all the Knitty patterns I have no time for.

Happy Knitting!

4 Comments:

  • Excuse me, did you say you like LM in charge of the prizes..now, do you really think that was wise :)

    By Blogger Heidi, at 8:46 PM  

  • I all over the Cherie Amour pattern, as well. I love it, and the yarn it calls for is so inexpensive but nice.

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 9:15 PM  

  • Ooooh they're beautiful. I love top-down patterns, might have to try my first chart hat.

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 5:44 PM  

  • Hey Gingerpye! I resemble that remark!

    By Blogger Large Marge, at 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home