Nittany Knits

Friday, August 24, 2007

Back from a trip to Pittsburgh, I open my mailbox to see the latest colorway of Socks That Rock in my mailbox. 'Flower Power' is very reminiscent of the tye-dye era. I'm certain I won't be using it for the enclosed pattern for lace cuff anklets, but it's a fun yarn. Also included in the package were temporary tattoos (cool!) and fun facts about socks. I'm going to share a great website with those of you not in the STR Club. The Bureau of Missing Socks is a website devoted to everything about missing or lost socks. Have fun checking it out!

On to business!

Are you aware, my fiber loving friends, that your local public broadcasting stations have multiple knitting shows available to them to schedule into their weekly programming? (Some such shows are Needle Arts Studio and Knit & Crochet Today.) Are you aware that every local public broadcasting station programs it's own schedule? Are you aware that the Maryland/Virginia/DC public broadcasting stations choose NOT to schedule these shows for our viewing pleasure at 4am or any other time? Are you aware that MPT schedules a show on how to play GIN RUMMY instead????

Here's how to help! Click to voice your opinion (If you are reading this and are not in our television viewing area, please locate your local public station and raise havoc if you are left out in the cold as well.) Send them e-mails telling them we want our knitting shows and we want them THIS FALL! Hey- it worked for MTV when we were kids, it can work for us now.

Next up... actual pictures. Large Marge has given me a duck taped camera and I'm not afraid to use it!

Happy Knitting and Spinning!

3 Comments:

  • Oh my goodness! "Knit and Crochet Today" stars Kassie DePaiva from the soap opera One Live to Live. I used to watch that and always liked her. She crochets. Who knew?

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 2:10 PM  

  • Errrm, your link to voice our opion isn't working. I couldn't find the Gin Rummy show listed at MPT

    http://www.mpt.org/schedule/byprogram.cfm

    but I'm emailing Viewer Services
    at comments@mpt.org

    Power to the Knitters.

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 2:30 PM  

  • SO.JEALOUS!!!! That's all I have to say at this moment.

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home