Nittany Knits

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I took a trip to the new yarn store in Eldersburg yesterday called the 'Knitters Nest'. The owner is warm and friendly, and the other knitters on hand were just as lovely and willing to answer any questions. I had just walked in on the end part of a sit' n knit and was offered cake as soon as I came through the door! The yarn selection is quiet good for a new location. The shop also offers a sit 'n spin on the second Sunday of each month. All in all- it was a great trip!

I'm finally working on the embossed leaf socks again, and I have to say a) they are so easy b)they are so pretty and c) I love this Cherry Tree Hill yarn I'm using. On a scale from one to ten, these socks are an eleven!

I'm also pleased to report in that I have found the BEST hat to knit for Large Marge's future nephew. Take a look. They live in Florida, so the whole aquatic theme works. Well, at least in my mind. The recipient may not be as tickled about this thing as I am, but I'm pretty sure I can be amused enough for the both of us!

Happy Knitting and Spinning!

3 Comments:

  • I hate saying things here, but you know, at the same time I don't care. I've heard good things about the Eldersburg shop owner *from customers*, but she blatantly lied to Carole and I (twice! right to our faces--and it was about stupid things too) and did something very dishonest to another shop owner in the area. I guess in terms of customer service, she's good, but do not do anything business related with her.

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 11:38 PM  

  • Lol!! This isn't the reason that I was going to post, but as soon as I read the blog I thought,"Hmmmm....I know someone is going to have something to say about this." Hehehe.
    Anyhow, about the embossed leaves socks. I love them! I'll have to look back through your archives to remind myself of what colorway you're using. Is it the purplish one? I made mine out of STR Lemongrass and got soooo many compliments on them. It really is a lovely pattern.

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 7:02 PM  

  • Seems to me someone has to much free time on her hands. Oh, and I want to see a picture of LM's nephew sporting said squid.

    By Blogger Heidi, at 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home