Nittany Knits

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Yesterday was a great day for a drive to the farm, and that's exactly what we did. The kids and I piled into the car armed with yarn, food, and kitty treats and headed for East Berlin, PA.

The folks at The Mannings have the ability to predict the weather, so it was far better than could ever be believed. 88 degrees with no humidity! Wasn't it 102 in the shade just this last Wed.? The weather for the Spinning Seminar in June was perfect as well, so it must be the great people at The Mannings doing it.

A new litter of kitties kept young and old alike occupied while not knitting, and cookies and beverages were supplied by our hosts. As if it couldn't get any better there were goodies by fellow knitters as well. Homemade Chocolate Banana Bread (so good one of the grown cats stole the last piece) and the thinnest asparagus ever were two of my favorites.

After a day of knitting, I felt like a new person! After we overstayed our welcome and finally packed to leave (not my idea- I was staying forever) it was off to the UTZ outlet store for unhealthy unneeded snack food. Popcorn will be provided at guild this week! These bags look normal in a warehouse, and then you get home and realize you need to add an addition to house the stuff.

Speaking of The Central Maryland Knitting Guild, this Wed. marks my one year anniversary of attending the guild. We are working on the Elizabeth Zimmermann Baby Surprise Jacket as a knitalong this month. I'm very proud of myself, I just cast on and using the longtail cast on, and I had two inches left on my tail at the end of the 160 stitch cast on. Yeah me.

I wanted to thank all who wrote in and showed support for my job offer. Lack of knitting time is the least of my concerns with the job. Lack of time with the kids when they will be entering middle school for the first time this year is the main issue. The job will require night and weekend hours, and I'm just not sure that that is a great combination right now. A year from now, I think it would be a great job. Right now, it's a tough tough call. I still have a couple more days to think it all through.

Once again thank you for your comments. Keep them coming until Wednesday.

Happy Knitting and Spinning!

2 Comments:

  • Yes, this weekend was so nice. I was with you in spirit on Sat. I'm looking forward to the guild on Wed...not just the popcorn (smile) but for the knit along. I started and restarted about 3 times. I think I'm set now.
    I understand your concerns re: nights and weekends. That would be tough. And as your kids get older, they need you around even more - takes less time to get into trouble when you're older :-) I'm sure you will make the right decision for you and your family. There will be other opportunities if this one doesn't work out.

    By Blogger brsmaryland, at 3:42 PM  

  • Whatever your final decision is just remember we're on your side. Beside's I have one starting 7th and on in 5th. I need all the practical experience I can get. :)

    By Blogger Heidi, at 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home