Nittany Knits

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Happy Knitting for Mental Health Day!

Yet another unproductive morning session for Knitting for Mental Health Day turned around to some actual knitting time in the later part of the day. (I hit a new low when it took me two and a half hours to knit 2 rows) You know things are bad when Mr. Mike tells me I need to add caffeine to the situation. Those of you who know me that caffeine should under no circumstances be prescribed! The day served it's purpose, however. I am somewhat sane and can resume work for a day or two.

On to Knit-A-Thon news.

I have signs made for the Knit-A-Thon and would love to let every knitting store and group in the area know about the event. If you know of anywhere that needs fliers, please let me know and I will get them to you. Remember, donations are accepted prior to the event if someone cannot be there on Saturday October 6th. Leave me a comment and we will make arrangements for drop off.

Also, please help spread the word to other knitters. Without word of mouth, we just don't have the same impact on the community! A grandmother of baby boys born 2 months early told me she could not believe how many hats they went through already during their time in NICU. Each item donated makes a difference to someone's life! Let's show the community that not only are we taking over the world, but we are making it a better place as well!

Happy Knitting to all, and to all a good night!

2 Comments:

  • We are....Penn State!

    On to real business, someone turned me on to this blog for Knit-a-Thon info. I think I'd like to help! Do you guys put anything out the Annapolis way? There's a store called the Yarn Garden, I could take it out there (I'm in Odenton about half way between Columbia and Annapolis).

    I'm definitely going to look into participating, never done something like this!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:44 AM  

  • I have a question about those preemie hats - I have recently made a bunch, and read on some charity sites after they were made that a lot of NICUs don't like hats made with pompadour style yarn :( Do you know what the policy is at HCGH (or wherever you take them) Are all my poor hats destined for teddy bears instead? :/

    By Blogger norska, at 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home