Nittany Knits

Friday, October 19, 2007

One of my purchases from Stitches East was the Berrocco Peruvia to make the Tilted Duster that is on the cover of the Interweave Knits Fall 2007. The question is, if I start now can I wear it to my high school reunion the day after Thanksgiving? I soooo want to wear something awesome that I have knit, and it is a casual event.

I have not attended any of the prior reunions and am not really looking forward to this one. It's on a boat. In November. A) you can't get off a moving boat if the event is not quite as fun as all the Hollywood movies make it out to be B) this event will call for alchohol, and moving boats and lots of drinks may not be wise and C)it's November people! We couldn't get a normal place??? Our proms were always held on the same boat, so perhaps they were going for a stroll down memory lane. Yeah, yeah- whatever. It's a little too Bruce Springstein 'Glory Days' for my taste.

Perhaps it's time to do that dreaded thing I don't believe in. Yes, it's true. I think it's time to swatch.

Happy Knitting!

2 Comments:

  • Oooooh, that pattern was one I wanted to do also, let me know how it turns out! Good luck with the reunion though (I'm skipping mine on 11/3).

    Did you end up getting the charity knits? I passed them to Large Marge at Stitches.

    By Blogger Karina, at 9:10 PM  

  • Ughh. I just skipped out on one of my HS reunions this past weekend. Have fun. At least the boat is better than sone scuzzy bar in dwntown Baltimore. WTF? My school wasn't even in the same county!

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home