Nittany Knits

Friday, November 23, 2007

Snow!!!!!!!!!!

I'm visiting family, and we actually have snow on the ground as I write! Everyone here is underwhelmed, and say it's nothing. They do not understand that this mistake of a flurry activity is more than we got all winter last year in Maryland! Silly Northerners.

This has been a weird knitting trip for me. The first offense came in the form of a snobby yarn store worker. I wandered into a yarn stor that I had never been into before and was ingnored. OK, I can deal with that. However, upon attempting to purchase a skein of sock yarn I was greeted with, "Is that it?" I was thinking to myself that they were lucky I was buying the sock yarn, but I kept my cool and smiled and announced that that was ideed all for today. This was met with a cold glare over the top of her glasses as she asked, "Have you knit socks before?" I tried to control a fit of giggles errupting inside of me, and the answer that I have knit more socks than she has skeins of sock yarn in this upitty store, but kept the answer to, "Why yes I have." This was not the answer she was looking for apparently. She then wanted to know why I wasn't in her database if I was capable of knitting the almighty sock. I answered that I wasn't from around here. Her look up and down my person indidcated that this was the first statement that she actually believed that came out of my mouth. Tough store!!!!!!!!!!

I'll leave my next story for later. It's even scarier!

Happy Knitting!

2 Comments:

  • I got the same 'is that it?' when I was on vacation and needed stitch holders. I found myself explaining/apologizing for the fact I just needed the holders for my travel project. Jeez.
    Snow? It hit 70 on Thanksgiving day here. Unbelievable. It is much cooler and windy now.
    Have fun at the reunion!!!

    By Blogger brsmaryland, at 12:37 PM  

  • Doesn't that up and down look just mae one feel grand?? At least you didn't have to buy any "accesories".

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home