Nittany Knits

Monday, November 05, 2007

Have you ever had one of those times when you feel like you are only knitting for other people? Between charity projects and gift knitting- I am coming to the realization that I might not even get to swatch that wonderful duster of mine before my reunion that I was supposed to wear it to! Don't get me wrong, I like knitting for others. Right now I just feel like that's all I have been doing for a very long time! Right now I have my son's socks on the needles, but needed to put that aside because I had to finish a hat for a friend that I didn't have time to knit at the end of last winter, due to knitting things for other people. I'm staying at her home soon, so finishing it is somewhat of a priority. Then I get to go back to my son's socks while knitting up brown bag items for the guild, and then do a teddy bear sweater for the guild. My question is...when do I get to knit my socks or start my duster?

Perhaps we need to start a 'Knitting for Me' day once a week. In this time of gift knitting, we need to remember to knit for ourselves occasionally.

Henceforth, Mondays will now be referred to as 'Mondays are for Me' Day.
Here are the rules:
If you want to knit something for yourself, put those other things down and knit for yourself. If you want to desperately finish an item for someone else, then finishing it is doing something for you.
Think of how great the timing of Monday is for this day. Sheep and Wool Festival or Stitches East ends. Well look what day it is! It's 'Mondays are for Me' Day! Monday Night Football Game? It's 'Mondays are for Me' Day! (GO STEELERS!)

Go ahead and treat yourself to some knitting time for you, because today is Monday!

Happy Knitting!

2 Comments:

  • Let me know how that works for you...

    By Blogger Large Marge, at 10:00 AM  

  • Mondays for me? Are you kidding? I'm still trying to take an uninterrupted shower. But I will try...for you I will try

    By Blogger Heidi, at 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home