Nittany Knits

Saturday, October 20, 2007

I have but one word to give, and that word is 'Albannach'. For those of you up on your Celtic languages, it means "Scottish" or "Scotsman". It also is the name of an amazing Celtic drumming and pipe band out of Glasgow that is, in one word, primal.

'Albannach' made their debut at the Maryland Renaissance Faire today, and will be there again tomorrow. It is their second to last gig in the states before heading back over to Scotland for the remainder of the year. If you can- go!!!!!

We first learned of this band through a lovely festival with an unfortunate date. It happens to be the first weekend in May. For those of you not on the east coast, this is a very bad weekend to hold an event. It is the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. No amount of tribal drumming with hot guys is going to get me away from the yarn. Sad, I know.

Luckily for us knitters, they are now available for our adoring eyes and ears on other days of the year. Yeah us! Hot Celts in kilts with talent. Need I say more?????? I'm so happy, I'm ok with the fact that my Sock War status has been changed to dying. I may be a doomed warrior, but I'll go down happy as a clam!

Happy Knitting!

1 Comments:

  • Aaarrrrgggghhhh! I so would have loved that. Did I ever tell you that Bobby wears a mean great kilt? (the kind where he has to fold his own pleats, throw it over his shoulder and belt on) Regimental of course.

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home