Nittany Knits

Monday, February 25, 2008



Ok, we are back to pixel flickr! Why, oh why?

Today was both Knitting for Me Monday and The 25th of the Month Pre-Christmas Knitting Day. I satred my day off by finishing my Storm Moon Twilight Socks in the "I Kissed A Girl" colorway. The heel is the Criminy Jicket's Band Heel. This particular heel is worked so that no decreases are done after the gusset stitches are picked up. The result is a weird square box on your heel. It looks funky, I'll have to let you know how it feels when I'm walking around on it.

The second half of the day was supposed to be used finishing the flower washcloth I started last month on the 25th. I found the project, but can't find the right needles to finish it. Augh! I might have found the needles if the ENTIRE second half of the day had not been all about my son's homework. Why is my enitre life revolving around my son and his homework???? How do other kids get their homework, and sports, and church groups, etc done? He can't even get homework done. I am sooooooooo frustrated. I can't even imagine how he feels. Six years of this has drained every ounce of energy out of me. Every night is a struggle. EVERY NIGHT! Th last two months have been the worst by far. I have no time to knit anymore. Just me and the middle school homework issue. AAUUGGHH!!!!!!

I'm done venting. I wish I could knit.

5 Comments:

  • Believe me, I know about the homework...It is like being back in school except worse because I just sat down and did it before my parents came home from work.

    By Blogger Lisette M, at 1:45 PM  

  • No time to knit eh? This month alone I count 5 projects sweetie. I Kissed A Girl socks, Sock Knitters Anonymous project, Greenery Hat, Valentine's Day Socks, and Mom's Neck Warmer. And I didn't *even* go back to January.

    L.L.P.O.F.

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 2:39 PM  

  • The 'I kissed a girl sock' is my sock Knitters entry and valentine's day sock (all three in one), and my greeenery hat is unfinished (more on that later.

    But yes, I do see your point. I was whiney. I'm done now.

    By Blogger Nittany Knits, at 7:02 PM  

  • So, how does it feel?

    By Blogger Dave, at 8:57 PM  

  • It feels so great I'm using the heel again on my new sock I'm calling the 'Angry Leprechaun Sock'. Thanks so much for the awesome heel turn!

    By Blogger Nittany Knits, at 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home