Nittany Knits

Friday, December 29, 2006

On the fifth day of Christmas I treated myself to an early Birthday present. 10 balls of yarn to start my Aran Afghan. The remainder of the yarn will be my tax return present. I've decided to go with the Plymoth Encore color 256. A little yellow under the flourecent lighting of the yarn store, but perfect in my dimly lit home ( dimly lit so that you can't see the dust- dusting takes away from knitting time). Since this is the only afghan I plan on ever knitting, the color must go with all future living room decor, as well as be washable. Here's hoping for the best! I should be finished with the first of 20 squares this weekend, but we'll have to see how the Birthday/ New Year's Eve weekend goes.
By the way a happy birthday goes out to fellow blogger javajem. We share the same aweful day of our birth. A note to all looking to get pregnant in the month of March- hold off! Those December birthdays are killer!
Happy Knitting...

1 Comments:

  • I can't wait to see how your aran afghan turns out- I'm hoping to start one this year too. I have the book, all I need is the Encore- I am debating 1 or 2 colors.

    Have a happy birthday!!

    By Blogger Shelby, at 7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home