Nittany Knits

Monday, February 05, 2007

This past weekend was truly super. Not just because of the football game, or commercials, but also because of the sales at the local yarn stores. My stash gained about as much weight as I did this weekend!

I did manage to finish the third block of my aran afghan during the game last night. My next block is Susan Atkinson's block from"The Great American Aran Afghan." I had to rip out what I started last night since I didn't read about the needle size being size 6 and not 7 like the other blocks until I was 14 rows into it. I kept wondering why it was soooo big. Yes, gauge is NOT a four letter word.

That second Jaywalker also (finally) has turned the heel. The end is near! I'm so excited to start my next sock. Just keep knitting, just keep knitting...

Last, but certainly not least, congratulations go out to former Pittsburgh Steeler Tony Dungy on his Superbowl victory. His former teammate, Randy Grossman, is a knitter. Perhaps he taught Mr. Dungy a thing or two about knitting at some point???? I know it's a long shot, but it's possible.

Happy Knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home