Nittany Knits

Sunday, April 29, 2007

I'm Back!!!! My part of the job I was away doing is over and I can officially begin to learn to knit again. Great timing with the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival just days away. I've got to tell you, the thought of huge yarn purchases is the only thing that got me through the past three weeks!

While I was not doing any knitting, I did have a funny knitting story happen to me. I work in environment where I get to meet ALOT of people. The other day I met and was talking with a lovely 6 year old girl. She was making a shape out of a piece of dough and I asked her what she was making. She replied that she was making a sock. Well this of course peeks my interest, especially since I have been deprived of the joy of doing that very thing! I very excitedly told her that I was a knitter and I make socks, too. At this point, this very pretty and enjoyable child screws up her face and lets out a sound similar to a squirrel getting run over by a car. " EYOU!" she shrieked, "That's disgusting!!!!!!" Now, I've had a lot of responses to my knitting, but that one sure takes the cake!

Now I will let Lindsey off the hook and let you all know that, yes my Blue Moon Socks That Rock were waiting for me when I finally arrived home after three weeks. I have to say, it's not my favorite. Hopefully I will get a chance to have Large Marge take a picture of it this week and post it for you all to make your own opinion of it.

Glad to be back, and thanks for stalking my blog and waiting for me.

Happy Knitting!

2 Comments:

  • Welcome back! Can't wait for S&W. See you soon!

    By Blogger brsmaryland, at 10:31 PM  

  • Yay knitting!! Boo work!! I even skipped work the other night and went up to Lakeside and neither you nor Margaret were there : (
    Glad you're back!.....and I've heard many similar things said about the April kit. Still, the yarn looks kinda interesting.

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home