Nittany Knits

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

It's Socks That Rock Day at my house. My third package arrived just now and I am holding a wonderful colorway called 'Firebird'. The pattern for this one is called 'The Solstice Slip', and from the pictures the yarn and pattern look great together.

My son was looking at the yarn, and after some reflection he said that the colors remind him of Hong Kong. The red reminds him of the palaces, and the oranges and pinks and peaches remind him of flowers that might be found there. I can't beat that description, so there you have it.

Off to the kid's end of school year Jello fight at church. My church was never this fun when I was a kid!

Happy Knitting and Spinning!

2 Comments:

  • Is that when the mommies bring their fiber to church and the kids throw the jello to mix the colors while singing Kumbaya?
    ::ducks and runs::

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 7:43 AM  

  • I need pictures!! I have yet to get the chance to grope...errr...admire any of your sock club yarn. The amount of jealousy it builds in me is tremendous. I can't wait to sign up for next year.

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home