Nittany Knits

Sunday, June 10, 2007

The remainder of Knit In Public Day yesterday was spent at the LakeFest in Columbia. We knit in public while waiting for the fireworks display to go off. The fireworks went off pretty late (10:30pm), but were worth staying out for. It had to have been the longest and BRIGHTEST fireworks display I've ever seen! It was so bright at the finale that we still had to squint even after digging out out our sunglasses. Now that's bright.

Today was a special Arts Festival sit 'n knit. The weather was not so great, but we still managed to recruit two new knitters to hang out with us and talk fiber for a bit.

Before we left the festival we caught an amazing performance by 'Strange Fruit'. The Australian performing arts act traveled to the states for the first time and we were delighted to see this original (and terrifying) show. Four people, each a top a 13 foot metal pole, swinging around so that you thought that either the pole would break or they would fall, all while performing a mime type of show (but not freaky mime). It was great.

I do have to report in that I have plied my first official worsted weight yarn. I think it's not bad for only my third try at spinning and the fact that it was a very short staple of fiber. I'm happiest that it was consistently even. I really have to work on plying with the drop spindle. I've already started spinning 'The Eye of the Tiger' roving that I made yesterday. This fiber has a lot longer staple, so it's already going quickly. Here's hoping!

Happy Knitting and Spinning!

1 Comments:

  • I keep hearing the song in my head - thanks!
    How can a mime not be freaky?

    By Blogger Large Marge, at 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home