Nittany Knits

Saturday, June 09, 2007

What a day!

The Mannings held their 39th Annual Spinning Seminar today in East Berlin, PA and as usual we got there at the beginning and left after it ended. And the best part, my daughter loved every minute of it!

We all loved drum carding the fleece that Sally Jenkins had for us to mix and match. I'm getting ready to start spinning my yarn that I named "Eye of the Tiger". My daughter made three different color ways. What a natural!

We loved watching the different processes that Flax goes through before it can be spun. What a great way to deal with any anger management issues you might be having that day! Lots of crushing and beating before it even gets to the combing.

Yummy food was provided by the church ladies (they even had homemade root beer that was almost as good as the Shoe Fly Pie).

And of course, there was shopping.

The end of the day found us under the shade of a tree spinning and knitting while figuring out how to spend the rest of our days in the peaceful-fiber-cat filled world that is The Mannings. Of course, we would require the church ladies to cater our retirement.

For those of you planning on going to The Mannings in August for the Knit In, remember to go with an empty tank of gas (it's dirt cheep up there!) and pack your own food (the church ladies only come for the Spinning Seminar).

Happy Spinning and Knitting.

3 Comments:

  • :O(
    jealous me!

    By Blogger Large Marge, at 8:18 PM  

  • Sounds like a fun time. So great to have your daughter interested too. Think of how many more places you can go to now!

    By Blogger brsmaryland, at 10:06 AM  

  • Too funny! I was up there from 11 - 3 and didn't you at all! (Of course I was mainly in the room with the spinning wheels - I think I tried every single one!)

    By Blogger Jody, at 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home