Nittany Knits

Monday, June 11, 2007

While at The Mannings on Saturday, we were looking through a book "Knit One, Haiku Too" by Maria Fire. Since then, everything seems to be a haiku in my home. Because of this, today became Haiku Day. I'll spare you the ones that truly tickled our fancy, but share some knitting/ fiber related poems.

the fiber twists down
from the turning drop spindle
to make lovely yarn
my stash is alive
a skein of yarn jumped into
my washing machine
(True story. I found a skein of Bartlet yarn in my washing machine as I was moving the clothes to the dryer yesterday. Still don't know how that happened)
sock yarn is the best
it doesn''t take up much space
a skein makes a pair
Now it's your turn!!!! Leave a haiku here in the comments, or post one (or some) on your own blog. WARNING- these can be addictive.
Happy Spinning and Knitting!
Oh yeah, I forgot to report that it took less than an hour for the 'Statue Sock' to be taken off of the statue's foot on Sunday. That's why I didn't knit a pair!

6 Comments:

  • Someone stole the sock!
    from the foot of the statuette
    Bad luck to sock theives!

    (that is my response and my haiku)

    By Blogger Jody, at 10:28 PM  

  • The sock was stolen
    Look for a one leg-ged thief
    Then you'll get it back!

    By Blogger Giantsknitter, at 9:58 AM  

  • Oh no! Performance
    anxiety is blocking
    my normal comments ;-)

    By Blogger brsmaryland, at 3:13 PM  

  • Coffee, knitting, chat
    patterns don't always comply
    frog when I get home

    By Blogger Sheila, at 9:28 AM  

  • I wish I was there.
    I need a big martini.
    Also need my friends.

    By Blogger Large Marge, at 6:10 PM  

  • Haikus for Holly:

    Yarn, needles, and time
    A little bit of magic
    Joy! A pair of socks!

    Mosaic or plain
    Jaywalking, self-striping, ribbed
    I love knitting socks

    Family and friends
    Computers, haikus, knitting
    Never enough time!

    Crochet, crafts, cross stitch
    Wasted time; how late I find
    Knitting is my love.

    I find knitting late
    So much yarn; so little time
    Oh, to be younger

    I am haikued out
    Enough of computer games
    Back to my knitting!

    Judith

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home