Nittany Knits

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Thanks for your support yesterday! I love my children...and their repetitive noises. Weekly sit 'n knit ( read- mommy alone time) helps me to like them as well as love them. Discussions are in the works for a traveling "get out and knit in public" Wed. night schedule. Perhaps getting to a Fredrick Keys baseball game for instance. Let me know any ideas you may have.

Today was tons better! I had a day to myself without work or children and I'm exhausted from all the fun Miss Cathy and I had.

We started the day bright and early in Fells Point at 'A Good Yarn' for the usual Saturday morning fun. From there we hit up 'Liquid Earth' for healthy beverages and a french bakery for bread.

Next stop was Mt. Vernon. The 'Gee's Bend: The Architecture of the Quilt' exhibit started at The Walters Art Museum yesterday, and eight of the the quilters were in attendance talking about their work. This exhibit is a must see! The women of this isolated community (population 750) have created what the New York Times has called, "Some of the most miraculous works of modern art America has produced." This was an amazing learning experience.

After grabbing some burgers at 'Five Guys' (because we could) we headed on down to 'Bedazzled' bead shop on North Charles. (This was great because today was a Gay Pride Parade we got to see at it's starting point.) I picked up some beads to make a set of "Save The Ta-Ta's" stitch markers for the month of October. Fun.

The final stop on our tour of Mt. Vernon was a quick peek into the Baltimore Basilica (or officially the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary) which is America's first Cathedral and a symbol of religious freedom and an historic treasure for Americans of all faiths. It's amazing, yet truly Catholic in the way that the large door is so loud and squeaky it immediately rats you out for being late to service and thus sets in the ever important- Catholic Guilt! Typical.

After all of this fun I'm going to make a girlie drink and work on my sock while watching a Saturday night movie. Here's hoping I can remember back to this day without children a month from now and know that someday I will have a day to myself again.

Happy Knitting and Spinning.

1 Comments:

  • Amen again, sister. What a heavenly day. My high school a capella choir sang for mass at The Basilica once a month. Amazing building. Did you leave a sock for any statues ;^P

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home