Nittany Knits

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Yesterday was Knitting for Me Monday. Not only did I knit for myself all day long, but a knitting fairy also knit for me. Yes, they do exist!!!!!! I'm almost finished with my Storm Moon Socks and the knitting fairy cast on another pair of Storm Moon for me and did quite a bit of my two by two ribbing. Go Fairy!

Since Knitting for Me Monday has been such a big hit, I am throwing in one more knitting day this year. Every month on the 25th day is from here on out to be reserved for knitting all of those Christmas presents that we need to knit. Perhaps with these extra 11 knitting days throughout the year, we won't be so crunched next Christmas. This month the 25th is on a Friday, and it's only 17 days away, so let's get digging around for patterns and yarn so we are ready to knit our first present!

My second finished project of 2008 are felted mittens (thank goodness I have them ready for the 71 degree weather today!). I took a great photo of them with paper snowflakes my kids made, so that the winter feeling is at least in the photo if it isn't in the air. Until my computer learns to upload my photos to photobucket, however, you will just have to use your imagination.

The mittens are knit out of periwinkle 'Stockbridge' from Valley Yarns(WEBS). I got the yarn and free pattern at the 2006 Stitches East, and the project kept getting passed by until the Cabin Fever Sit 'n Knit on Sunday. Stash Appreciation at it's finest.

I'm off to do some spring cleaning. A last minute guest is arriving Thursday, and my house still looks like Christmas threw up. So much for finishing those socks today....

Happy Knitting!

3 Comments:

  • Bloody brilliant - 12 extra days!!!! Let's see if we can actually stick to it!

    By Blogger Large Marge, at 7:27 PM  

  • Sorry about the Steelers! Go Giants!!

    Rebecca

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 PM  

  • Eleven extra days, Large Marge. Dec. the 25th is Christmas, and no knit a long is going to help you if you are still knitting then dear!

    By Blogger Nittany Knits, at 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home