Nittany Knits

Wednesday, December 19, 2007


Christmas from Blue Moon.

My last package from the 2007 Rockin' Sock Club arrived in the mailbox today. I was anticipating holiday colors, and I was once again wrong. This month the colors are inspired from the sea. Kinda of summer like if you ask me, but what do I know. The pattern is by Cat Bordhi, so it's yet again toe up.

I will miss getting random yarn in the mail, but I can't say I would ever do this particular club again. Perhaps I am finally admitting that my sock stash is just out of control. I mean- come on. My sock stash has it's own four cabinet storage unit, and it is not even close to fitting all in there. Besides, we have such great sock yarn being produced right here locally that I would rather do a Storm Moon or Neighborhood Fiber sock club.

I was very happy to get the package today, since it was a very emotionally challenging day. I picked up the Blue Moon package on my was to a funeral, which I left and then went to Large Marge's oldest child's birthday party. I can't say I ever had my social calendar work out quite that way before, and I was glad to have some Blue Moon to get me through from one to the other.

Let me just say goodbye to 'Uncle Bob'. He was part of my life before knitting was. This of course means that before fiber was the way I made it through the day, I would call on people like 'Uncle Bob' who were in my life to help me muddle on through. Let me just say, there was alot to muddle on through. Coincidentally, around the time I started knitting was the time our friendship drifted apart. I will always be thankful that I he was part of my life, and I hope to have a beer with him on the other side!

1 Comments:

  • The extremes of life. The sock yarn was a gift for getting thru the day. I'm sure it was emotional. A bday party is a nice way to end it.

    By Blogger brsmaryland, at 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home