Nittany Knits

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

As I work on a hat today with leftover Brooks Farm Harmony yarn, I am reminded why I hated knitting the coordinating scarf. This mohair makes my eyes itch like a beast! AUGH! The things we do for our Mothers.

While I was at the Daily Grind today for my weekly knitting while the kids are at youth group, I mentioned to the owner that the Central Maryland Knitting Guild meets right down the street from her coffee shop. She instantly came on board the membership card bandwagon, and now all card carrying members of the guild will receive 15% off all food and beverage purchases at the Daily Grind in Maple Lawn, MD. Awesome. She also is interested in hosting a sit 'n knit for the guild, and will even extend her hours just for us if we would like the place closed to only the guild-rent free (as long as we promise to buy at least one cup of joe). How cool is that?! I'm really looking forward to showing local businesses that we knitters do have a buying power in this community!

Off to tackle some more of this beastly mohair. Happy Knitting!

4 Comments:

  • We are going to Rock the Guild this year! Cathy and I have invited the Wednesday night Borders group to the January meeeting. They are into the swap!
    Denise has agreed to to a felted clog class for us end of Jan beginning of Feb on a Sat! Now with this we may not be tied to APL forever! You ROCK!

    Sheila

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:03 AM  

  • Oh, you are so the membership committee. Do I love discounts. Have you checked with JoAnn Fabric or Michael's to see if they would give discounts to guild members?

    We could hold a cabin fever night at the Daily Grind in the dead of winter. Maybe even choose a crazy hat or mitten theme.
    Cathy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:49 AM  

  • Okay. Now I may have to try to make it this Wednesday - stamina permitting. It's starting to sound like actual fun.

    Isn't that your middle name?

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 1:05 PM  

  • Way to go! This is great. Am looking forward to the new knitting year. THANKS!

    By Blogger brsmaryland, at 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home