Nittany Knits

Sunday, December 16, 2007

So there's a reason Hot Toddies have long been taken when people have cold symptoms!

I had three, a nap, and a hot bath yesterday- and I'm good as new today. Good thing since I worked like a fiend today. (All without a sniffle I might add)

So what's the miracle cure that has me back to new. 1 oz. brandy, 1 teaspoon sugar. Dissolve sugar, then fill tea cup with hot water. I kept forgetting to add some lemon to my drinks, but they were yummy anyway.

This means I'm back to Christmas knitting. I finished that darn hat for my mother. To answer the Thursday night knitters, yes it fits. It's just really ugly if you ask me. I made an old shale pattern hat that does weird pointy things at the crown that I just can't envision on my mother.

I thought that this was the end of the gifts. Wrong. In comes the girl child again. She was checking out the huge flower cotton washclothes that I knit to go with handmade soaps. Very cute gifts. Too cute. She threw a fit that these lovely gifts were not for her. Usually I can ignore this, but I do love when she covets my hand made items. This means it's time to cast on another washcloth.

Don't forget that tomorrow is 'Knitting for Me Monday'! Stay firm knitters. Remember that you need to knit for yourself or you will start putting bad vibes into your stitches for others.

Happy Knitting!

2 Comments:

  • Yupper! That's the recipe. Only the physician who gave it to me specified Spanish Brandy(and I actually sought out and bought some to please him - he was such a sweetie). It cured me of many a nasty cold before meds removed even medicinal alcohol from my arsenal of remedies.

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 2:59 PM  

  • Glad you're feeling better! Mom always recommends one of those!

    By Blogger Karina, at 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home