Nittany Knits

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

SO.........

Once upon a time there was this gal we'll call Storm Moon Knits. This gal knitted a really cool hat we'll call, let's say, 'The Greenery Hat'.

Alrighty.

Like the little follower I am I say, "I want to knit that hat." I go and get the yarn (Frog Tree Merino in Cream) and begin knitting this hat.

All is right with the world. The yarn- yummy. The cables- yummy. The happy knitting mojo- super.

Then reality comes crashing in! I quickly am running out of yummy yarn with lots of hat left to go. "I'll make it," I lie to myself. (Denial just ain't a river in Egypt my friends!)

Then it happens. Just when I am about to start my decreases at the crown of the hat, I run out of yarn. Off to the yarn store which sold me the yummy yarn.

Enter once again the gal we'll call Storm Moon. She happens to be working at said crack house, I mean yarn store. I quickly run to the yarn and clutch my heart. No more yarn in my color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Storm Moon mocks me as I put the unfinished hat on my head with the end of the yarn dangling in my face. Not funny from my perspective, but I can perhaps in twelve years see hers.

I tell her this is all her fault. She giggles, not even trying to deny it. I tell her that "Something Wicked This Way Walks" and it's name is Storm Moon. She giggles again. No guilt this one, must not have been raised Catholic.

"How will I finish this hat before the spring thaw?" I wail. Unmoved, she stares at me and says, "I could swear I put that I used over a skein of yarn on my blog when I posted about that hat." OK, yeah. Like I can read the fine print like yarn requirements when staring at awesome finished cabled hats.

As for the hat, it's now living in a corner of my house somewhere. I can't see it without shedding a tear.


I'm weak. I'm going to go fondle some sock yarn to make me feel better.

2 Comments:

  • What, no pictures?!!

    By Blogger brsmaryland, at 9:50 PM  

  • It would take a few days, but you can order the Frog Tree Merino in just about every color at theyarntree.com

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home