Nittany Knits

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Well, here it is. The unfinished 'Greenery Hat'.


I hit up six yarn stores yesterday trying to get some more of the Frog Tree Merino. Everyone sells the Alpaca, but very few deal the merino. It's a shame because that means very few of you know how very yummy this yarn is. It is like butter! So many of the yarn shops recommended using a different yarn to complete the hat. Then they felt the yarn and realized the error of their ways.

I do have a lead on a skein of possible yarn for me, though. I ran into Miss Sarah who used to work at the Celtic Knot, and she thinks she may have the yarn in question. What a gal!!!!!!!!

For those of you wondering which six yarn stores I hit I shall list them in order:
A Good Yarn in Fells Point
Lovely Yarns in Hampten
Woolworks on Falls Road
Woolstock in Glynden
Clover Hill in Catonsville
The Celtic Knot in Ellicott City

I also know that All About Yarn in Columbia does not sell this yarn either. Bummer.

I am having tons of fun knitting up a new sock while I am hunting down hat yarn. I am calling the sock my 'Angry Leprechaun' sock since the Neighborhood Fiber yarn I am using is darker shades of green. It is totally fun and getting lots of "Hey, what's that?" from knitters who have spied it.

Don't forget that tomorrow is 'Knitting For Me Monday'. Enjoy a little something for yourself!

Happy Knitting.

2 Comments:

  • Ooo! It is very pretty! I hope you can find another skein! Did you try online?

    By Blogger Jody, at 10:27 AM  

  • http://yarn.com/webs/0/0/0/0-1001-1294-1323/0/0/3830/

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home