Nittany Knits

Wednesday, February 14, 2007


Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!

This is my 98th post. Can you believe it? I sure can't. I know Java Jem sure can't! She had to force me into doing this blog in the first place. Now that we are almost to the 100th post milestone, it's time for a contest!!!!

I know I have a lot of stalkers out there who like to read and not comment, but this time you are going to have to comment if you are going to be up for the GRAND PRIZE, and those of you who know me know I love to give prizes!

You have until 6pm Saturday February 17th to comment on this post or the following post. I would love for you to comment on the project or yarn you are most excited about working on or with right now. Since it's Valentine's Day, it's almost like remembering to send your knitting or fiber a card.

Since I never ask others to do something that I would not do, I will start. I have used my snowday to start my 'Crusoe' socks from Knitty using my 'Granite' Socks That Rock yarn. I have so many other things to be working on right now, but I just couldn't wait anymore to start this project!

I'm knitting these socks on size 2 double pointed needles, and I am blown away by how much faster it is going than the 'Jaywalkers' did on size 1 needles.

Enjoy the snow! Happy Knitting.

6 Comments:

  • I'm the first post!!! Yay me!!!
    I'm doing the pedicure in the ISOD pattern, I'm thinking size 2's.

    By Blogger Large Marge, at 10:33 PM  

  • I am in love with the Lizard Ridge, which I am knitting with multicoloured yarns from my stash, and with a crochet stripy blanket I am knitting with yarn leftovers...

    By Blogger knit_tgz, at 1:42 PM  

  • I got my book (The Opinionated Knitter) yesterday and I can't wait to start my first BSJ for the next generation as soon as the pain goes away and I can knit & think clearly.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:53 PM  

  • I'm in love with my Araucania yarn - I just swatched for a new sweater. I am also working on another pair of socks.. my 5th of this year! I think I'm addicted :)

    By Blogger Jody, at 11:42 AM  

  • I'm finishing up jaywalker sock #2 and then am ready to cast on another pair of socks with my STR yarn. Seeing yours last night really got me itching to try the yarn. The Granite is so pretty and I love the stitch pattern you're working.

    By Blogger brsmaryland, at 8:26 PM  

  • Hmmm... It's gotta be my STR purple rain Monkey Socks. I can't put them down!! Great pattern, great yarn!

    By Blogger Shelby, at 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home