Nittany Knits

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Training intensified today.

Still got up way too early to make sure I'm up and at the festival before most knitters are hitting the local coffee joint.

Attended various sit 'n knits from 8:45 am- 8:00 pm. Today I was actually knitting instead of watching others knit!! Progress.

Extended the outside time long enough to attain a sunburn on one hand and half my forehead. (Note to self- pack the SPF45 tonight)

Watched a fellow knitter in training get nailed in the head with bird*?@! while knitting outdoors. (Note to self- pack baseball hat tonight)

Attempted to limit visits to the restroom in anticipation of long lines for the restrooms.

Wound up the day with my first Mojito. Saturday has been renamed Cinco De Wool, and one must prepare for the beverage end of this holiday as well. While the Mojito is Cuban, and Cinco De Mayo is Mexican, I considered it close enough for training purposes.

All in all, a very productive day!

I also have to report on the latest issue of Interweave Knits that was in my mailbox when I got home. Not only has the general format changed (I loved the loved the old format and miss it tons!) but the size of the models has changed from real women to stick figures. Quite frankly, what are the percentage of knitters that you know who can wear these new outfits? Sorry Large Marge and Sarah, but you are soooo out-numbered! Here's hoping they realize that their readers are real women with real bodies.

Happy Knitting!

1 Comments:

  • I’ve heard of farmers’ tan, and drivers’ tan. Who knew you could have knitters tan?!?

    By Blogger Large Marge, at 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home