Nittany Knits

Sunday, April 27, 2008

This is my first hat for my balding kid's head. Her hair loss has stopped for now, so I don't think she will lose it all.

The yarn was from Sheep and Wool Festival two years ago. I lost the tag, so I can't even share any of the info on it. I was a new knitter then and didn't realize the importance of such things. Silly me.
Large Marge finished her pink bucket hat for her and it is so cute! I'm thinking I might knit myself one for the summer months.
Yesterday, my daughter had an operation to remove her central line. This was installed to help her receive her medicines and transfusions, but it has ended up giving her blood an infection. She now has a pick line in her neck that is painful right now, but we will hopefully be able to get rid of the infection now that the line is gone. The grea news is that she has not thrownup since she got out of surgery. This is a long time for her! Yeah! She even has had a couple Capri Sun's that her bible study group brought for the families on the hospital floor. The group brought all sorts of goodies for the families. What a wonderful way to show love and compassion!!!!! Miss Robin, you and your family are such a blessing.
Thank you to Knitini for dinner and entertainment last night, and Knit Glit and Large Marge for joining in. Also a big hug goes out to thank Knitini for the yarn. Thank you to Miss Shannon for the yummy Mexican Tortilla Bake we had for lunch today. Miss Kathleen makes the world's best meatloaf cupcakes (trust me on this folks!) and veggie lasagna. Aso thanks for the relaxation package! Miss Katie is making my waist not fit into my pants with the best brownies ever. (The staff at Hopkins has nothing but love for you!) We are so blessed with good cooks for friends! We are eating better now than we usually do :-)
Everyone's prayers are being felt. Thank you for all of them. Please pray for her infection to clear, for her lungs to clear, and for her heart activity to return to normal. All of these would help her to not go through the white cell transfusion.
Keep knitting through the tough times kids. Our love goes into every single stitch, and those we knit for can feel the comfort of our work.

3 Comments:

  • I'm so glad you got out for dinner! Yay!
    Good to hear Brie's surgery went well and that she is not throwing up - that is good news! Let's keep it going.
    Take care!

    By Blogger Jody, at 2:15 PM  

  • Any time, chick, anytime!

    By Blogger Miss Carole, at 10:54 PM  

  • Yaaaay for not puking! Yaaaay for keeping some hair. Avoiding the WBC infusion sounds like a plan too.

    Let's get our girl back on track.

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home