Nittany Knits

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thanks to Large Marge and photobucket we now have images from Hopkins. This is the handmade quilt I was telling you all about. That blob underneath of the quilt would be my daughter sucking on a popsicle.

Thanks to Miss Beth for dropping by everybody in our house's favorite food, Berger Cookies! We had no idea what these were until Miss Beth introduced us to them, and now the kids refer to her as Miss Berger Beth. I do not think that there could be higher praise for anyone. ;-)

My daughter and I went on to Ravelry together last night, and she picked out a hat she would like me to knit for her when she loses her hair soon. This is a big step since before she was not even discussing the option. The hat is (I think) the Pi hat, and is the first hat you find under patterns for chemo caps on Ravelry. She had a house call from a yarn shop and picked a lime green 'Dark Hourse' yarn to have it made out of. Now that is what I call service!

The boy child is not being forgotten, and tonight was great bonding time for us both. I love the one on one time I get to have with him, and he loves the fact that I am not constantly asking about his school work since I am officially a bad mother and have given up asking. We have bigger fish to fry right now. Cop out I know. But it is what it is.

More pics tomorrow. Happy Knitting!

3 Comments:

  • What a pretty quilt.
    I thank my friend Robin for introducing me to Bergers oh so many (25?) years ago. I'm so glad you all like them. I think they have healing powers too :-)
    Gotta go to Ravelry and check out Brie's new hat.

    By Blogger brsmaryland, at 10:04 PM  

  • Love the quilt! What a lucky girl! Brie is going to have the best hat collection of anyone!

    By Blogger Jody, at 10:53 PM  

  • If you have Brie pick out more hats and add them to your Ravelry queue, I bet she will get exactly what she wishes for :)

    By Blogger Jess, at 2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home