Nittany Knits

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Things that happen when your daughter is visiting Ireland with her father and is diagnosed with aplastic anemia after an emergency plane landing on her return flight to the states:

You call the best person ever, and put her in charge of getting you an emergency passport as well as a flight to Ireland on (of all days) Good Friday. She, in turn, does all that without smacking you silly , dispite your need of just that.

You fly your first international flight and rush to find your only girl child so that you can begin breathing again.

Once breathing has begun, you say lots and lots of thankful prayers for getting you to this point!

Five days later, you and her father fly her back to the states and get her to the best place possible. The place that happens to be in your back yard. John's Hopkins pediatric oncology/hemotogolgy department.

And this is where we are.

I did knit on the flight back to the states, but have come to the quick realization that I can acheive nothing more than a knit stitch in the round. I had been doing a simple knit 3, purl 3 sock. It is kicked to the curb and I am am now just knitting in circles. Baby steps.

I have to thank EVERYONE for the prayers. Every single prayer has been so appreciated by us!

We have a tough road ahead, so please keep her uplifted in your thoughts. Check out her new blog PeaceandLove and leave her possitive comments to keep her going along the way.

Again, thanks to you all for your love and support!

PS- I missed Chistmas Knitting on the 25th. Did anyone else remember?

8 Comments:

  • oops! i forgot too...

    By Blogger Large Marge, at 9:22 PM  

  • And I make three!
    SO GLAD YOU ARE BOTH BACK HOME. I'm loving Peaceandlove. She is strong like her Mom and will come out the other end of this even stronger.
    Hugs.

    By Blogger brsmaryland, at 9:57 PM  

  • We were supposed to be knitting between novenas? Make that four.

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 11:21 PM  

  • I am so glad everyone is back and is on the right path toward recovery. I think about you guys CONSTANTLY!

    Give the girl a kiss for me!

    By Blogger Jody, at 11:29 PM  

  • We are haveing fun. So please just hope that I feel better.

    By Blogger PeaceandLove, at 1:59 PM  

  • You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:08 PM  

  • Oh my goodness! I'm just catching up on blog reading. My thoughts are with you and your family.

    By Blogger Shelby, at 9:15 PM  

  • gah! this is what i get for not keeping up with blog reading.

    *huge hugs for the both of you*
    *and for boy child as well, since this has to be a bit overwhelming for him too*

    -bunnysquirrel

    By Blogger Jess, at 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home