Nittany Knits

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Today I am showing off my new Schaffer Yarn in the Catherine the Great colorway. It is my last new photo until I get a new camera. I'm still shopping around, so keep the suggestions coming in. Thanks to all who have already given me some great advice!
This wonderful yarn is going to be pulled out once the temperatures start to soar. I have always been a heat whimp, and now I downright melt at the sight of sun so I am planning ahead.
It is going to be the Undulating Waves Scarf pictured to the right. This particular photo came from the Schaffer website. I can't see myself wearing such a delicate fashionable scarf, but I couldn't resist the colors of the yarn and my first big bead project. Who knows, maybe I'm more fashionable than I think.
In other yarn news, I big thanks goes out tho the hero of the month. Miss Sarah dragged her first born child out last night to do a yarn emergency trip for me. I have the Frog Tree Merino in my possession and the Greenery Hat is back in action! Sunday is supposed to be chilly, so let's see if I can get it on my head by then. Thank you thank you thank you Miss Sarah!!!!!!!
Also, the first Angry Leprechaun Sock is almost off the needles. I might have to write up the pattern for this one.
Last bit of news, I won tickets to tonight's Steven Curtis Chapman concert at the Lyric Opera House. I have never been to the Lyric, and I hear it is wonderful. Let me know if any bloggers are going as well, we can meet with our knitting.
Happy Knitting!

3 Comments:

  • Love that pattern!

    By Blogger Jody, at 1:35 PM  

  • The Lyric is a lovely venue. Enjoy!
    -Rebecca

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:32 PM  

  • Gee- that would be the shop sample that i started to knit then gave up. You know me and patterns...
    I've just seen it in progress, now i want to make one for me!

    By Blogger Large Marge, at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home