Nittany Knits

Monday, April 14, 2008

Here's why every knitter should have a great friend who does not knit...you can call them to come and hang out with your sick kid so that you can go to Sheep and Wool!

It is true, if all goes well I will make it at some point to the 2008 Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. Yeah me, and thank you Kristen for not liking knitting when I tried to teach you.

On to the goings on at John's Hopkins... things are looking up. The girl child has a ton more energy than 2 days ago and even ate a tiny bit of jello and some teeny peices of fruit. Big news! It's a good thing, since Knitini stopped by with some restorative chicken noodle soup for her to eat this week. It seems she stuck her hand up a chicken's butt in order to make this soup, so the child better be well enough to eat it :-) For those wishing to see photos of the child, link over to Knitini's blogpost today. She doesn't look sick to me, how about you?

Large Marge sent mini brownie bites for the doctor to try to bribe him into letting the child get sprung from this joint quicker. From the look on his face this morning during rounds, I'm not sure it will help, but hey it couldn't hurt!

Another great sunset tonight marks the 26th day in various hospitals. I can't even count the number of blood transfusions my daughter has had in those 26 days. I did want to thank everyone who gives blood to the red cross. Without donors like you, she would not be alive. For those of you out there who think of giving blood but haven't, you might want to think about my daughter the next time you see a blood drive.

Happy Knitting for you Monday! Knit yourself something nice today.

4 Comments:

  • I hope she gets some sleep - she had a long day! She looked wonderful. So nice to see her smile. Enjoy the soup! Mommies need to keep up their strength too!!! MMMM Chicken butt...

    By Blogger Miss Carole, at 9:20 PM  

  • I didn't knit for myself today but I did buy shoes!
    I checked out Knitini and Brie looks great! All sweet and smiley. That is so nice to see.
    I met up with LM today. She'll be passing along hugs.
    Yeah Kristen!

    By Blogger brsmaryland, at 9:38 PM  

  • Im so glad to hear Brie was up and smiling! Her pics look great!

    Hope to see you on Wednesday!

    By Blogger Jody, at 8:00 AM  

  • Lamburger, lamburger, lamburger.

    Yarn.

    Lamburger, lamburger, lamburger.

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home