Nittany Knits

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

A big thanks goes out to those many knitters who have been e-mailing and leaving me messages about my daughter. Two such gals have a great new blog about their booth at Sheep and Wool this year. I recognize the photos of the cute animals from Mannings Spinning Seminar last year. Am I correct?

My daughter was impressed that her mother and godmother loved her enough to spend last night with her instead of dumping her and running off to the Yarn Harlot. I always told her that I did in fact love her more than yarn. I think she might believe me now.

My sweet girl has been having a really tough time of things lately. Temperatures continue to rise with no clue as to why, and all of her blood counts are rock bottom. With this information, the doctors have decided to start treatments immediately. Please pray for her during this time!

Birds are chirping outside the window bringing signs of spring and new life. Here's to remembering the wonders of the life the Lord has given to all of us! Happy Knitting.

8 Comments:

  • There are so many people praying for you guys right now, hang in there. The Lord hears and answers prayer!

    ~BW

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:05 PM  

  • I've neglected the blog reading, for knitting, if you can imagine.

    I'm shocked and so sorry to hear about your daughter! You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Hopkins is a good hospital. We have also been patients at St Jude (for reasons other than cancer). Let me know if you need help at all. God Bless!

    By Blogger Knitting Kris, at 10:21 PM  

  • You are good - the pics are from the Mannings :)

    I hope Bre feels all the love we are sending her. Everyone is thinking of her and praying for her (and you).

    Hope to see you soon!
    -Jody


    PS - Thanks for the free advertising :)

    By Blogger Jody, at 10:47 PM  

  • You were very much missed last night, but you were thought of. If you need anything, let me know:)

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 12:24 AM  

  • We check here daily for updates and hold all of you in our thoughts throughout the day. If you need anything, give us a call. Much love....the Two from Tuesdays

    By Blogger wilstan, at 7:47 AM  

  • Thought about you both on Monday for several reasons. Now that I'm well over my cold, I definitely need to set up a knitting date with you, woman. That girl child is cruel to prevent your picking up the needles much, no matter how cute the little wench is.

    Okay, that doesn't mean I don't pray for her and hope she gets out of there as soon as possible.

    Oh - and I have a prize for you.

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 3:52 PM  

  • I just heard the whole story last night. You and Brie are in my thoughts and I hope she pulls through all of this with flying colors! Let me know if there's anything I can do!

    By Blogger Jess, at 7:32 AM  

  • Always thinking about and praying for your whole gang! You missed on Monday. I hope we can all get together soon! I'm making soup all day tomorrow.

    :) Carole

    By Blogger Miss Carole, at 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home