Nittany Knits

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Last night was Rock Star night! Since I haven't gotten a chance to hang much with my son with everything else going on, I decided to make a night just for him. People got together at work to buy the kids Guitar Hero for their new Wii. (How awesome is that?) Last night in honor of my son's first time playing it, we made him a rock star and did all sorts of fun things. His aunt and I dressed up like groupies (we have photos, the outfits were BAD), got him six packs of bottled root beer, picked out only blue M&M's for him (rock stars do that!) and even brought in extra little groupies who made signs telling him what an awesome rock star he was (thanks large marge and her family). What a great time! He even signed autographs for the young fans! Awesome!

Thanks to all the knitters out there sending me links via e-mail for great wigs for the girl child in case the hair comes out. She is convinced that it won't. I am too busy thinking about everything else to argue the hair.

I did get to finally turn the heel of her sock, so there is hope that I will one day get to knit again. It would be a good thing, considering that I have a Knit A Thon to put on in 6 months. Time will fly and it will be here before we know it.

Hope everyone has a great time at the Yarn Harlot's book signing tomorrow. Think of me often. Happy Knitting!

2 Comments:

  • Rock on! Sounds like you guys had a fun night!

    Can I bring you back a book from the Yarn Harlot or do you have one lined up already?

    By Blogger Jody, at 11:16 PM  

  • What fun! Hope he didn't get carried away with all the adulation and smash that new guitar on the floor.

    I'll be thinking of you tonight - and I suspect you do have someone lined up as J said. Wanna give me a sock to hold up? You know I don't knit them.

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home