Nittany Knits

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Yesterday was the last of the high dose cytoxan. It was a very trying day for all involved in the process, and we feel that things have got to go uphill from here. (Everyone, knock on wood as you read that last sentence)

My daughter's father has a permanent girlfriend, and her mother made my baby the most wonderful quilt! I am so green with envy over this handmade gift of love. It even has a matching carrying case that then becomes a pillow cover! I have a picture, I just need to get my dail-up and flickr to repair their relationship.

After talking it over with my daughter, I have decided that this year for the holidays, I'm going to get her a good sewing machine. She has such an amazing eye for color (I do not, that is why all of my knitting is either solid or self stripping) and an interest in sewing brought on by Large Marge and Javajem.

I am finishing her second sock today and starting her first sock. Wow, that took me next to forever. I used to do a sock a week in the busy season, and this darn thing has taken me three weeks. So much for the myth that you just sit around in hospital rooms. I hope I can bounce back in time for SockWars 3 which starts next month.

Have a happy knitting weekend!

5 Comments:

  • I knocked on wood. Hope you both heard it.
    My knitting has been in the very slow lane lately and I don't have as 'good' a reason as you do. Maybe sheep and wool will kick start something.
    I'd love to take sewing lessons. I love fabric but I'm all thumbs.
    Hugs!

    By Blogger brsmaryland, at 2:59 PM  

  • I hope things get better too! And I hope you have some time for knitting! It's totally true though that there is very little knitting accomplished while in the hospital!

    By Blogger Jody, at 3:41 PM  

  • I too knocked my desk. The barfing must cease so the girl child doesn't have one cold foot.

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 12:03 PM  

  • I've learned that when I'm most stressed about my "special" children, or when they are in crisis, my knitting stops, rather than starts sometimes. I understand. I'm not knocking on wood, how about the Heavenly throne? :) You're in my thoughts and prayers! God Bless You!

    By Blogger Knitting Kris, at 10:12 PM  

  • Hiya,

    This is Tina, Just stopping to say hi. I found something I figured you would want so I am gonna stop by work on Wed to give you your welcome back to work gift. Also I found a web site that has sock wars paraphernalia, Cafepress.com, thought you might be interested. As always you, Brie, Alex and the family are in my prayers.

    By Blogger Bar Wench, at 4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home