Nittany Knits

Monday, April 21, 2008

This is our view from our window. We are allowed to venture out of her room and go to the grass you see below only if she puts on her protective gear. She will not put on her protective gear. We have never set foot on the grass. I hear that there is a lovely statue of Jesus behind that building. I wouldn't know since the child does not like the fact that her protective gear outfit is yellow and she does not "do" yellow. OK.

Thanks to all who are checking out the chemo caps she picked out over on my Ravelry que. She picked out a diverse group and I can't wait to raid my stash tomorrow night when I finally get home and start on one!

I have to follow up yesterday's story about my job closing it's doors. Those of you who know me know that I am blessed enough to work for two businesses in the same company. This means that even though the one job is now no longer there, I still have the other. The problem for me right now is that the other job pays about one third what the other paid. When you are down to working one day a week, this is significant. So I still have a job, I just make a lot less. I can't imagine another company working with me and allowing me to work only one day a week so that my daughter does not have to be alone at all while she is in the hospital. I am very sad to lose out on the great friendships that I have made working at the job that has closed. I helped to open that location, and have many great memories from the employees and the customers.

As for today's medical update, things are on the downhill spiral. First the fever has been flirting with that 38 degree Celsius again. Then the appetite went, and today was spent in bed resting all day. Now tonight we are above the 38 degree, and doing the shake and bake while vomiting blood. Let's not forget that the hair is coming out so fast we had a hair stylist arrive PDQ so that we could make it more manageable while it comes out. We had some wigs ordered for her that are VERY cute (I want one) and we even got a cool little headband that has a sprig of hair for when she is wearing hats. All of this takes a back seat to the green moster my daughter has become. She is literally a weird green. My poor baby.

I thought I would address either the ants that are invading my kitchen or the leaking refrigerator when I go home tomorrow, but I think I'm going to sleep. A lot.

Happy Knitting.

7 Comments:

  • OH my goodness. I'm so sorry to hear Brie isn't doing well today.

    Oh a brighter side - I am halfway done with her Odessa hat and my friend Coleen knit the coolest two tone pink hat ever! I will bring them next time I come over. Maybe this weekend? Just let me know if she's up to it.

    Love you guys!

    By Blogger Jody, at 7:48 PM  

  • So sorry to hear she's feeling yucky again. We'll continue to pray for her speedy recovery and for strength for you as well.

    Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
    (Proverbs 3:5-6)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:09 PM  

  • I'm really sorry to hear about all this..and then blue star closing
    :-( You guys are in my prayers, let me know if there's anything you need or anyway I can help.

    Christina (from Chevys)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:36 PM  

  • You know, had this been a few years ago, you could've taken a pair of binoculars, glanced out at the outpatient center (the side that faces your building) and seen my boobs. Apparently they don't usually put the shades down when you're being prepped for a stress test. I was pretty much just standing there topless hoping that the windows were tinted.

    So if you get bored, get some binoculars and take a look at the outpatient center. Cardio is on the 7th floor. The shades will be up. :) Endless entertainment.

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 12:57 AM  

  • The scene from "Something about Mary" is now in my head.
    thanks.

    By Blogger Large Marge, at 8:43 AM  

  • Okay, so she doesn't do yellow but does she do orange? Green?

    My thoughts are with you both...here's hoping the fever disappears...NOW!!

    With love,
    Rebecca

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:15 AM  

  • I wanted to give you virtual hugs and some other comments, but Lindsay's boobs are all I'm thinking about now. THANKS, LINDSAY! Now I need some liquor...:)

    Hugs!
    Carole

    By Blogger Miss Carole, at 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home