Nittany Knits

Sunday, April 20, 2008

This is Chester.
Chester teaches us how to flush our central line (the one on the left).
One of the many fun props we have encountered here at Hopkins.
I think Chester needs a sweater. He's looking a little chilly :-)
So, I got a phone call this morning telling me that the job that I am currently down to working only one day a week has closed it's doors forever. Now, I realize that sometimes God wants you to get out of your box, but I'm thinking he has already sent my box to the recycling bin. Good thing we have a sense of humor around here!
This would also be the day that the hair has started to come out. My daughter has been in deep denile of this, so things are a bit shocking for her.
Thanks to Javajem for planting flowers in my flower box and quickly stepping in to hang with my son yesterday! A big thanks goes out to Storm Moon for being the only one to get a hat done for my daughter before the hair started to come out! (Once again, I'm getting mother of the year for not even starting my hat for her)
I'm following bunnysquirrel's advice and putting all of the cool hats my daughter would like to have knit for her on my Ravelry Que. My Ravelry name is NittanyKnits. Just leave me a message is you decide to knit her one so that I can take it off of the que. She is requesting bright spring colors to keep in line with her usual clothes she will be wearing them with. Thanks so much to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Knitting!

7 Comments:

  • Hailey said she would gladly give Brie her hair. So would I, but it is just too short right now. I told Hailey that together we can make a hat instead. It will be an original! Much Hugs to Brie!!! We'll make you WHATEVER you want!

    Love, Miss Carole

    By Blogger Miss Carole, at 7:09 PM  

  • Oh my!...on all counts.
    Maybe Hopkins has a job for you?
    I'll check out your que.
    Keep smiling!!
    hugs,
    Miss Berger Beth

    By Blogger brsmaryland, at 8:17 PM  

  • I have a second hat on the needles, and will probably be starting a third soon.

    And Hopkins does always have a lot of job openings. Trust me, I've interviewed for more jobs there than I want to think about. :)

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 8:37 PM  

  • Also, I can knit her a brain slug hat if she wants one, so let me know!

    By Blogger Lindsay, at 8:40 PM  

  • Keeping you both in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:09 PM  

  • I'll miss you lots, I hope to see you around. Oh, and gratz on the girl child possibly getting sprung early. Best wishes.

    By Blogger Bar Wench, at 2:13 AM  

  • Dude! You should look into getting some kind of "work from home" gig that you could do from anywhere. Not sure what - I'll look around for you.

    Definitely keep smiling - everything will be ok - I promise :)

    I will be knitting an Odessa hat for Ms Brie - so you can take that one off the list! I assume hot pink works?!

    By Blogger Jody, at 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home