Nittany Knits

Monday, April 28, 2008

Today we needed a platelet transfusion and we felt the effects of the platelet shortage here at Hopkins. Platelets are removed similarly to red blood, but they are fragile and need to be removed here at the hospital. We had heard of the shortage before this, but this was the first time we have been effected by it. We use platelets more than any other blood product, so this is going to become an issue for us. Anyone out there wanting to help supply Hopkins with this much needed blood product can call (410) 955-8951 to schedule an appointment for donation.
On to 'Knitting For Me' Monday news, I am done with her pedicure socks (lots of time last night with the cardiac monitor going crazy). This means that Wed. night will be pedicure night! This also means that I can knit my toe up socks today. These would be the same toe up socks that I wanted to have done for the Orioles opening day since the colorway is... 'Opening Day'. I have more to do on the leg, and then need to go back and do my first afterthought heel. This could be one of those second sock syndrome socks, since I'm not feeling the need to do another one of these anytime soon. Too much thinking is involved for me under the circumstances.

Happy Knitting and Platelet giving!

5 Comments:

  • My blood is your blood, and all of the stuff that's in it. (if they don't reject me!)
    HUGS to you and the girl,

    Miss Carole

    By Blogger Miss Carole, at 11:29 PM  

  • Same!

    By Blogger FuguesStateKnits, at 1:04 AM  

  • Glad you are knitting again and I love the picture. So artsy!

    By Blogger Bonnie, at 10:59 AM  

  • Awesome job on the pedicure socks!

    Many hugs to you both!

    By Blogger Jody, at 11:25 AM  

  • I'm gonna make my boyfriend go with me to give blood next week.

    You guys are in our prayers.

    Hang in there!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home